On 5/15/24 09:18, Don Bailey wrote:
> This thread is perhaps one of the best examples of the bizarre ecosystem that
> Plan 9 has evolved (devolved?) into. While I have not always understood Vic's
> choices, I was, in the past, aware of his /position/ at certain entities...
> and provided him with security information I hoped was relevant to that
> position at that time. He has been on the Plan 9 mailing list as long (or
> longer?) than I have (pre-2002?) and has always written his emails in the
> fashion he writes them currently.

I'm not quite sure what his position has to do with anything honestly. I am
sorry I lack some historical context.

> Frankly, I don't even understand the point in attacking whether he is or is
> not "an LLM". He's actually trying to be helpful. Perhaps spending less time
> trolling everyone you don't understand (and inaccurately presume to be a
> troll), and instead trying to understand how they purport to add value, is a
> useful path forward.

I thought he was using a LLM because I had mentioned such in previous emails in
this thread and was not corrected. Some posts have this improper summation
of what the previous mail said in the same way I've seen LLMs do. A lot of the
discussions earlier were about adding bureaucratic process and what not
that it was hard for me to take seriously. I understand now that these were
honest attempts at helping things, just not ones that I would
tend to agree with. Vic, I am sorry for attributing malice to what you were
doing to help.