[snip]
>  The exact set of examples is not finalized but will at
> least include MULTICS, RT-11, 6th edition UNIX, 4.3BSD, VMS, NT/2000/XP
> and Xen.  Most likely Plan 9 will also appear there.  I want to also include
> at least one example from the big iron world, but need to find a good
> reference for it.

Hercules emulator allows you to run virtually any OS for S/390 and descendants,
and there are pre-made images somewhere on the Net with turn-key IBM
MVS installation.

http://www.cray-cyber.org provides public supercomputer systems, from
Cray, Control Data Corporation, NEC and Bull :) (guest account is down
due to an attack where it was used -_- )

The OS'es there are:
Cray: UNICOS(TM) - Unix based
CDC 6600-compatibles: NOS or NOS/VE
CDC 4680: EP/IX (UNIX based)
NEC SX-4: Super-UX - Unix based
NEC UP4800: UX4800 11.5

Pity is that only Cray Y-MP EL is 24/7, so you may have to talk with
them to have access to others

> If we manage to keep to the publisher's schedule and I survive the process,
> it should see the light of day in time for fall semester 2007.  So if you hear
> the murmer of insane babbling coming from the direction of Memphis,
> you know what it is.

> Brian L. Stuart

Keep up with good work, my "Operating Systems Vade Mecum" (R.A.Finkel)
is getting a little old :)

--
Paweł Lasek
"Once a hitokiri, always a hitokiri. This will never change" - Jine-Ei