On 9/29/07, Francisco J Ballesteros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I´m using both a macbook pro and a macbook regularly.
> Plan9 on Parallels works fine, although time does  funny things when
> you suspend (I do not) and some times parallels crashes (not plan 9) when
> you start it.

if you don't mind your parallels p9 to run with the wrong time you can
simply stop timesync and you'll have no issues with suspend/restart.
the problem is that when timesync puts the new time in after a suspend
the system recalculated the cpu clock rate and forces it down the
cpu's throat, which causes time to run much faster than usual.

here's a snippet from a discussion we had with jmk trying to figure
this one out a few months ago:

> devcons.c:^writebintime forces a new clock frequency down the kernel's
> throat at the writer's behest. the writer in this case is timesync...
> perhaps it shouldn't be allowed to do so?

i don't know a solution, i simply avoid running timesync under parallels