> > This happens to me all the time after my QEMU crashes. I consider it
> > normal, but hate it.
>

> My machine never chrashed, but it occurs every time I boot my machine,
> since today. And the number of clumps vary from boot to boot.

one needs to run fshalt before halting a machine running venti or fossil.
venti is much more likely to have trouble than fossil, but i believe the new
version of venti does a better job with unexpected outages.

if you're running on an unstable platform, you might consider running
venti on a stable machine or not running venti at all.  ken's fs has been
more resistant to unplanned outages than venti for me.  (i have no ups.)

- erik