Talking about The Art of Computer Programming... this non-stack based
calling convention made me think of Knuth's Coroutines. I'm quite
interested on them, but although I've seen libraries for managing
them, I've never seen a real useful program based on them. I think
they could be used with advantages over the thread or normal function
call abstractions.

Maybe someone in this list can provide a good example of coroutines use?