Brantley Coile wrote:
> Early Control Data machines, like many machines
> of the era, used the return address to find the parameters.
> This meant that you put he parameters in the instruction
> stream right after the call to the subroutine.

Yes, a lot of minicomputers did that in those days.  Even on the
PDP-11, which had nice support for stack operations, some system-
call conventions involved embedding parameters in-line.  Unix did
that too, although at some point an "indirect" call was added to
fetch the parameter block from a pointed-to location.

If you have and CDC Cyber 18 (or 1700) system software, I am
desperate to obtain a copy for use with my 1700 emulation.