> At work, most of the users need a fortran compiler (although almost
> none of them actually use gfortran, they prefer ifort) and some of them
> do parallel computation so they need MPI. If I could have at least
> those two items thanks to P9GCC, maybe I could convince some of them to
> work on the plan9 servers I'm slowly setting up there.

I don't have any hasty plans for Fortran, but it seems to be in
greater demand than C++.  We'll see how things pan out.  I am a little
concerned that potential users need more than a compiler invocation to
make things work, specially on the graphics side and maybe I ought to
wave that flag rather frantically.  Still, one obstacle out of the way
may encourage others to address the next ones.

> As for me, I'd be pretty happy if I could have a bittorrent client
> (especially libtorrent/rtorrent, written in c++) on plan9 so it'd be
> rather nice if your P9GCC could achieve building that. But yeah, that
> one relies on auto*, configure, etc..

Let me emphasise that the auto* stuff is nowhere near the stumbling
block it's made out to be.  Benavento (I hope I'm not pointing fingers
at the wrong person right now - no way to check) and I have different
techniques to address this, but we both have done a good deal of
porting auto* dependent stuff to APE with the help of moderately
simple mkfiles.  Then again, I stumbled with Graphviz version 2, sadly.

Graphics, networking and multithreading are much bigger issues to
resolve.  So your bittorrent client may be difficult to port and damn
easy to redevelop.  Any chance you may give it a try?

++L