--------

Laurie writes:
|  John Atchley said "...Finally, it really is necessary to deliver DLLs with
|  most windows applications"
|
|  DLLs yes, but Windows System DLLs?  (But this is getting off topic).

Not sure I'd agree that it's off-topic. This is the "ABC users" list,
i.e.,  it's about a specific computerized music notation.  Discussing
how to get software properly installed on users' machines strikes  me
as  highly relevant to such a list.  In my experience, the difficulty
of installing the software and getting it to run sensibly is  one  of
the major hurdles that prevents a lot of my friends from using ABC.

Anyone else have feelings or argument pro or con such topics?