On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:27:37AM -0000, Laurie Griffiths wrote:
> This is what Muse does.  It's been doing this for some years, so I have a
> lot of customers and incompatible changes may be unacceptable.  (I don't
> know what proportion of the customers use ABC. Theoretically translation
> between ABC version and displayed version might be possible.  With luck
> the final ABC version will be close enough that incompatibilities will be
> very few.)  Extending the grammar or using a subset is of course OK,
> and adding /note to the end falls into this category.

Of course, what Muse does isn't compatible with what abc2midi does (not
that I'm criticising: that's Just How It Is).

The idea of translating seems to work for me, should a standard be chosen
that isn't a LCM of all the current implentations. *grin*
--
Mike Whitaker     | Work: +44 1733 766619 | Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System Architext  | Fax:  +44 1733 348287 | Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]