On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:41:53 +0200, Frank Nordberg wrote:

FN> Hard to say. The problem of merging voices with different rhythms onto a
FN> single staff is a rather complex one. Both BarFly and abcm2ps has
FN> "merge" functions. BarFly's is far too simple for this particular
FN> exmple, and I don't think that abcm2ps would do the job either.

Hello,
abcm2ps can handle up to three voices in one system. If you ad the pseudo-comment
%%staves 1 (2 3 4)
the three voices will be merged into one line, but they should be transposed one
octave higher
first, because otherwise they will go on a bass system. It's a pity that abcm2ps
doesn't know
transposed violin keys. The printing in my eyes is not perfect, because in this case
it would be
better if the middle voice wouldn't be horizontally shifted, but it looks good.

With kind regards
Markus

http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html