Hallo,

Frank Nordberg wrote:
> Oh well, here's my summary:
(...)
> 4. P: field
(...)
> I don't think many ABC applications supports things like
> P: Reprise

Barfly and abc2ps do accept the P:field in the body as a simple text
string above the bar if there is no P:field in the header (BarFly opens
a dialog-window if you use a P:field in the header which does not follow
the standard, you have to quit this before playback is continued) and I
think most other programs will too (please users and authors of other
programs, give us a report).

> 5. Line terminators
>
> RJP wrote:
> > This file has <cr> terminated lines...
>
> I'm afraid that problem is a bit beyond me. As far as I know, SaintEdit
> is the only Macintosh text processor that allows you to specify line
> terminators, and I don't fancy opening each and every Musica Viva
> document in SaintEdit before uploading.

I use a freeware Mac editor called BBEdit Lite, which I use a lot for
editing my abc files anyway, for doing this job.

> Any suggestions for solving this?

At the long run, the best would be if abc programs themselves would
have this editing facilities to specify line terminators and/or can
recognize, accept, replace all kinds and combinations of linebreakes.

regards

Simon Wascher - Vienna, Austria