Jack Campin writes:
| Here is a real-life example (slightly reorganized from one in my modes
| tutorial):
|
| X:1
| T:Sister Jean
| S:Catriona Macdonald
| M:6/8
| L:1/8
| Q:3/8=80
| R:andante
| K:DDor
| D2E F2G|ABA G2F|E2C C2G|E3    D2C|D2E F2G|ABA A2G|     A2d d2c|d3 D3:|
| K:DMix
| A2B c2d|efe e2c|A2B c2G|E3 [1 C3 |A2B c2d|efe e2d|[K:D]f2d d2c|d3 A3:|
|                            [2 C2B|A2A F2D|A2A F2D|     A2d d2c|d3 D3|]
|
| BarFly gets the staff notation for that wrong but plays it correctly:
| that is, the c's in the second-time repeat are printed sharp and played
| natural.  Does abc2ps print a two-sharp signature for the last line too?

Thanks for the example; I've added it to my abc test directory.  What
abc2ps  does  is  probably not surprising:  The third staff had a key
signature of two sharps. That's sorta what I'd expect, though I'm not
too happy with the whole mess.

I do know a number of (mostly Scandinavian) tunes that do  this  sort
of  thing.   It's always notated with accidentals.  I can see why one
might prefer a key change in some cases for aesthetic reasons, though
I'd  probably  be  paranoid  and  insert  another "key change" in the
second ending to make sure that nobody can get it wrong.  Unless  I'm
trying  to  do an urtext version, I've learned to be overly redundant
about such things. (And even then, some people just don't believe the
notation and do something "normal" instead.  ;-)

Maybe I should look for opportunities to do this sort of thing ...