> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:42:40 +0100 (BST)
> From: Richard Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Jack Campin wrote:
>
> > On my setup (old Macs) I can generate PostScript from some applications
> > for free (I think, haven't tried lately) but creating Acrobat files
> > needs a utility that costs money.  Is there a way to do it free on any
> > current platform?
>
> Ghostscript's ps2pdf ? Circularity alert ... !

Actually, that's exactly what I'd recommend too.  Most of the musicians
on my morris dance teams aren't technically oriented, and wouldn't go
out of their way to install a PostScript reader, but they already have
the acrobat reader plugged into their web browsers.  Giving them a
link to a PDF file serves their needs sufficiently.

> I originally took up Linux because it seemed simpler than getting TeX
> running on DOS.

:-)

When I worked in a for a company that made Windows software and I had to
use Windows, I installed the MiKTeX TeX/LaTeX package, which was
actually pretty easy to set up, and worked well for me.  (Those plus
CygWin plus emacs made the whole thing bearable.)

A Google search for MiKTeX led me to http://www.miktex.org/

Jeff