On Fri, 24 May 2002, Phil Taylor wrote:

> What is the significance of the two different note heads?

Standard... It seems that everybody is using x'ed noteheads for cymbals
and hihats, so if you just write it with regular noteheads it's gonne look
real funny to a drummer.

> If you want percussion abc to be played as well as displayed, you will have
> to bear in mind that there is a standard relationship between midi
> instruments and pitch.

I don't care how my abc playes, and looking back on the descussion about
^f-|f a couple of months ago obviously abc2midi is only to be considered a
toy, so I guess the rest of the comunity feels the same as me...
--
love, peace & harmony
Atte