On 3 Jul 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

> Has anyone done this, and do they have any tips for getting used to
> typing ABC on that keyboard?
>
> I did a test file this morning, and I believe I can eventually get
> used to the split keyboard, but the caps lock shifting the numbers,
> and the distance some of the symbols ABC uses are from the home typing
> position seem pretty wierd.
>
> I was assuming I would just do the proofreading when I get back to the
> desktop, but if anyone has a good setup for entering and also
> checking the ABC, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Hello Laura,

I've transcribed some short tunes with my Palm. I'm using PalmABC without an
external keyboard, and IMHO it's simply a pain. It's *very* slow, compared
to a real keyboard. I have tried to come up with some ideas, but unless
someone writes a dedicated editor for PDAs I don't think there are
alternatives.

Just my experience, I'm sorry I can't help you out.

Ciao,
     Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.