Bruce Olsen wrote:

>Phil Taylor wrote:
>>

>> I played through and edited all the tunes I used to make sure
>> that the scoring mode and tune mode were the same.
>>

>I'm impressed. That's a lot of work. Over half the time it takes me to
>stressed note code a tune is spent on figuring out which are the
>significant notes in the tune, and which notes are missing. It would be
>nice to have that information somehow on the key signature, but I
>haven't yet thought about how one might do it. I've programmed my ABC
>player to figure that out, but that usually requires that I make the ABC
>first.

It was a lot of work.  I'd like to have used many more tunes, but
there's a limit to what my ears can stand.

>Thanks for the Locrian tune. I had heard about 5 years ago that there
>was one, but the ones that told me about it didn't know where to find
>it.

I wrote that one in order to have an example of the mode to put in
my mode tutorial.  There is also John Kirkpatrick's "Gravediggers
Song", but that's hexatonic.  I don't know of any traditional
example.

The other scale that I can't find any examples for is the pentatonic
Pi-5.  I suspect that there aren't any, as that scale involves dropping
the fifth, and it's hard to imagine a tune without a fifth in it.

Phil Taylor