Bruce Olson wrote:

> Phil Taylor wrote:
>

> > The other scale that I can't find any examples for is the pentatonic
> > Pi-5.  I suspect that there aren't any, as that scale involves dropping
> > the fifth, and it's hard to imagine a tune without a fifth in it.
> >
> > Phil Taylor
> >

> Pi-5 is pretty rare. I haven't found many.  Here's a very
> little info.
>
> Sources of Irish Traditional Music, #454,"Love is the cause of my
> mourning" from Stuarts' Music for TTM (Scots). F, 2 sharps
> (Phrygian) missing C and G.

Sorry, that should have been F# for the keynote (obviously, from that 2
sharps).

X:1
T:Love is the cause of my mourning
S:from Stuart's 'Musick for Allan Ramsay's ..Scots Songs (TTM), c 1725-6
S:via 'Sources of Irish Traditional Music', #454, 1998
Q:1/8=120
L:1/8
M:3/4
K:F#Phrygian
D3 EFA|F3EF/E/D|d3e d/e/f|F4FA|B2 dBAF|ABAFED|fedBAF|\
EFEDB,|D3EFA|F3ED2|d3e d/e/f|F4BA|F2AFED|E3DEF|A2F2FA|F4|]

Sorry if there were comments, but my incoming mail has quit working, so
I haven't seen them. The POP3 server has apparently substituted a new
password which I don't know.

Bruce Olson
--
Roots of Folk: Old British Isles popular and folk songs, tunes,
broadside ballads at my website <A