[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Phil Taylor) wrote:

> >I cannot get my any copy of ABCm2ps to operate on my system.

>> The file is there, but
> >when it is activated the DOS box flashes on screen the disappears without a
> >trace, no minimized indicator on the taskbar, nothing anywhere.

> This could be a case of the blind leading the blind, since I'm a Mac
> user.  However, abcm2ps on the PC is a DOS program, and you have to
> start it up from DOS.  So put your abc file in the same directory as
> the program, start up DOS and cd to the abcm2ps directory.  Then
> type abcm2ps filename.abc and it should run, creating a postscript
> file in the same directory.  (There are also some command line switches
> you can find out about in the docs that come with the program.)

If you don't like running in a DOS box, you can try out a little
Windows GUI front end I've thrown together, abcm2psgui.exe . You still
need to learn about the command-line options, but I find it useful.
Get it from:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~emacpher/misc/grab/abcm2psgui.exe
and put it in the same directory as abcm2ps.exe .

You'll of course need something like Ghostview to view or print the
resulting .ps files.

cheers,
Ewan