>I cannot get my any copy of ABCm2ps to operate on my system. The author has
>not responded and I'm stuck with ABC2win which does nice job on tunes, but
>can't handle lyrics. There does not seem to be a tutorial around for the
>complete novice to start using these programs. I have the John Atcherly
>ABC2ps which supposedly has a windows executable. The file is there, but
>when it is activated the DOS box flashes on screen the disappears without a
>trace, no minimized indicator on the taskbar, nothing anywhere. Any help
>available?

This could be a case of the blind leading the blind, since I'm a Mac
user.  However, abcm2ps on the PC is a DOS program, and you have to
start it up from DOS.  So put your abc file in the same directory as
the program, start up DOS and cd to the abcm2ps directory.  Then
type abcm2ps filename.abc and it should run, creating a postscript
file in the same directory.  (There are also some command line switches
you can find out about in the docs that come with the program.)

Phil Taylor