On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Donald White wrote:

> I am using runabc.tcl (or runabc.exe) on both my PC and on Linux as a
> front end to abcm2ps and gsview, and it is extremely easy to use. To a
> novice user, once it is setup, you hit "display" and it generates a pdf
> file directly and launches gsview32.exe (on Windows).

I also used it, it's nice. I remind you that my JedABC, too, makes the
dreaded command line invisible to the user!

> I think the biggest thing lacking on Windows is an open source graphical
> score editor.  I use abcm2ps extensively for generating music for church,
> and I have a large library of ABC worhip music, but I can interest anyone
> else in learning the syntax and writing music in a text editor.

I tried to convince Joerg Anders of NoteEdit fame to make a QT-only
version of his wonderful program (this will make it possible to compile it
under Windows), but unfortunately there are technical problems... too bad.

Any talented programmer experienced with QT or FLTK...?

Ciao,
     Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.