Phil Taylor wrote -

> That's the problem with live editing.  The parser has to be
> absolutely bullet-proof, as the user can hit it with absolutely
> any combination of symbols.  There is really no way you can
> test it enough either.  That's one reason why I kept BarFly
> free for several years while under development - I needed the
> whole community of users to use it and tell me about the bugs
> in order to get it to its current state.

I must admit that I have thought "If I give Abacus away free I don't have to
worry so much about how good it is.  I'll let other people find the bugs."
That's more or less what I did with Abacus 1.0.0.  I've done a lot of work on
the next release so I think I'm entitled to a little recompense.  I'm not saying
there will be no errors but we are talking shareware not big software house.

Bryan Creer

By the way, I don't seem to be getting Phil Taylor's postings direct, just
quotes in other people's.  Is this happening to anyone else?