On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:41:08 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time), "I.
Oppenheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>It seems now that abcm2ps now also supports the "!"
>kludge, so this could be a good starting point for the
>ABC parser library.
        [snip]

I already proposed it some time ago!

The advantages of my parser over the other abc2ps clones are:

- it is clearly isolated in the 2 files abcparse.h and abcparse.c.

- it may be used either for printing, editing or playing.

There is no documentation (yet), but I hope the interface is
self-explanatory enough for C programmers, and examples on how to use
it may be found in abcm2ps and tclabc.

About reading stdin instead of a file, I would say that this parser
gets the tune from memory. This offers a quicker way to read the files
(read(2) instead of gets(3), possible use of mmap(2)), and also permits
parsing of static tunes (see tclabc on X11 selection paste). On the
other side, reading from stdin asks for memory re-allocation...

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]