On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 03:51:54PM +0100, Phil Gregg wrote:
> You're not far off there, Richard!
> My instrument is actually Irish tuned fourstring banjo, but my "friends"
> refuse to use the words "player" and "banjo" in the same sentence. They
> insist it's ungrammatical.
>
> They refer to me instead as a Banjo Hitter... So, thanks to you, maybe I'll
> rename the instrument "Hammer Banjo".
>
> Phil
>
> PS What made you guess at dulcimer?

Oops. I meant Phil Taylor, sorry. The reason, anyway, being that there's
a bloke called that (I _think_ - not good at names. I mean to check
every time, but then I get a clarinet plugged into my mouth and forget
about it) who turns up at the session in Lancaster from time to time, with
said instrument.

--
Richard Robinson