From: "Jack Campin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> In the ABC world, Chris Walshaw is the obvious zero point.
>
> I've played with Julian Goodacre who has played with Chris, so
> I have a Walshaw number of 2.  That means Wil Macaulay and
> Richard Robinson both have Walshaw numbers no higher than 3, but
> perhaps they're lower by some other path.
>
> Anyone else know theirs?

When I first read this, I thought my number must be infinity (assuming the
higher the number the more distant) as I have never played with any member
on this list that I know of.

On the other hand, like many others here, I have played in sessions (in my
case mostly attempting tenor banjo and mandolin) for quite a few years and
was wondering:

When you are in a situation where you sometimes meet and play with people
from elsewhere, what are the chances of never having played with someone who
has played with someone (repeat as often as needed) who has played with
Chris Walshaw?

Jon