On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'd much rather all abc software used the same
> syntax.  Isn't BarFly doing just what ABC2WIN is
> criticised for?

No. Phil was careful to add his ABC extensions in a way
that is more or less compatible with other software;
furthermore he actively maintains his sofware to
support the extensions of other ABC developers.

The problem with ABC2WIN is exactly that it A) breaks
all existing ABC standards terribly (think of rubbish
like |!:) and B) that is not maintained and C) that is
nevertheless advertized on the ABC homepage as being
the leading ABC application for the Windows platform!

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ~~~*