From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> As to the first point, this is standard setting by precedent of one piece
of
> software in the absence of a written standard.

No Brian, it is disregarding the standard. If someone needs to use a symbol,
it is much better that it is agreeed by everyone and that it gets written
into the standard. If it had been agreed that ! could be used as a line
break and that had been documented in the abc standard, I doubt that the !
would have been considered as the symbols for the macros.

> >Forget about it.
>
> I can't.  It is widely used in the abc files that I am interested in.

Difficult one... As far as I'm concerned, abc2win is obsolete and I only
really care about programs that are being actively developed and can move on
when there is a need but there are perhaps far too many files written in
this program warrant supporting ! as a line break...