In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, I. Oppenheim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, John Chambers wrote:
>
>> For that matter, I've  often  wished  that  abc  officially
>> supported a bare :  in the middle of a staff. In some other
>> kinds of music, this is used inside  long  measures,  as  a
>> sort of weak, "editorial" bar line
>
>This is a completely different matter.
>
>You're talking about having dotted bars and dotted
>slurs for editorial purposes. Both are indeed quite
>useful.

I'm not sure - is he? What about split bars, ie ones where the first
part is on stave 1 and the second half on stave 2. Stave 1 has no end
barline.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland