On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:

> >Hello,
> >
> >as you know, Irwin Oppenheim and I are trying to put together a proposal
> >for ABC 2 standard. I have a simple question: has anybody actually seen
> >the u: (lowercase u) field in ABC files? We are considering whether
> >leaving it out.
> >
> >Suggestions are highly appreciated.
> >
> >Later,
> >      Guido =8-)
> >

> You're going to have to remind us what u: does, I can find no mention of
> it...

from the 1.7.6 draft:

$ As a short cut to writing accents or other symbols which avoids the !symbol!
$ syntax (see Accent above), the letters H-Z and h-w and the symbol ~ can be
$ assigned with the U: and u: fields (the U: defines how the symbols are
$ printed and the u: defines how they are played).

Later,
      Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.