Guido Gonzato wrote:

>as you know, Irwin Oppenheim and I are trying to put together a proposal
>for ABC 2 standard. I have a simple question: has anybody actually seen
>the u: (lowercase u) field in ABC files? We are considering whether
>leaving it out.
>
>Suggestions are highly appreciated.

The u: was originally suggested by Chris Walshaw to be used in place
of m: for macros.  (I think he like the symmetry of using U: for
symbol definitions and u: for macros.)  I didn't mind this, and would
have been prepared to change BarFly for the next standard if the
standard had not totally muddied the water by introducing !...!
and using U: for that, and then defining u: as being only for playing
purposes.

I don't think anyone has implemented w: in a program, and as far as
I'm concerned it can go.

Phil Taylor