On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:13:44PM +0100, Neil Jennings wrote:
> Problem is that the 'independent format' needs to accommodate all
> functionality required from all formats.

To a certain extent; otherwise you end up with a complicated monstrosity
that no-one supports all aspects of anyway.

> I don't think MusicXML fits the bill yet. It doesn't seem to support some of
> the constructs that I need (unless I have missed something).

Well, OK, it "only" aims to support "common Western musical notation
from the 17th century onwards" but I'm wondering what you're using that
it doesn't support? The standard is still under active development, so
if you think something's missing, you could lobby to get it added.

Dave