On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 15:30, Christian M. Cepel wrote:

> Anyone have a favorite IDE for Java?  NetBeans is cool, but it's not
> happy on a 233mhz machine with 64mb ram running win2k.    I remember
> someone mentioning one they liked, but don't remember where, or what it was.

Yeah, I use Eclipse, but it also wouldn't be happy on a machine with
64MB RAM.  (It works fine in 256MB RAM, though.)  I used to use Emacs,
which worked OK; but it lacks the more modern features like refactoring
support, hot-swapping .class files (aka Fix and Continue) and so forth.

I've heard very good things about IntelliJ IDEA, although I've not used
it personally.  Perhaps that would run nicely in your environment.

    - Eric