On Monday 05 December 2005 14:33, Laura Conrad wrote:
> I got the mail below from sourceforge.  Does anyone know anything
> about this?
>
> I tried logging on to sourceforge to find out, but was unable to find
> anything relevant.

Usually this happens if someone else is doing something and wants to give it
the same name, probably unrelated.

> I have no problem with someone else owning the abc project at
> sourceforge if it's a ABC (in our sense) related person who is going
> to continue to host the things it's already hosting, but I think it
> should remain in the possession of our ABC community.

Well, the abcplus project is up and running and I don't think the ABC
community is doing anything much that shouldn't go there (if you see what I
mean).  So I would say unless someone has definite plans for it, let it go.
It would be easy enough to re-register in the future something like
abc-notation or whatever.

Cheers,
Calum

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM