> That is not viable; AW will not run without its fonts setup. If the
> default installation did not include the fonts, then the user would
> not be able to run AW after s/he installs it (that also means no
> easy access to the online help). S/he would have to set up the
> fonts by hand before AW would start up, and that is far from
> straight forward (I know, because I get lot of emails from non-
> English users who need to set up the extra font directories by
> hand). If we do not install the fonts by default, we will be inundated
> by tons of user emails requiring assistance to setup the fonts. On
> the other hand, it is _very_ simple to remove fonts from the existing
> installation, and use the existing installation as a template for
> adding different fonts.

You're absolutely right, I mean dead right about this particular problem.
I translated Abiword to Yoruba and compiled it and everything went OK but
just
as I was preparing  to upload my translated strings, menu and toolbar, I ran
Abiword via network and kaboom my translated version failed and did not
display proper since Abiword cannot find the translated files and fonts
needed.

To further confirm my surprise I copy Abiword to another machine and I got
the kaboom again; Abiword failed gracefully. Because of this I haven't
submitted my translated Yoruba files for commit because I will like to find
out why these happens and provide my findings to Abiword community. I am
still on these and its driving crazy

Best regards and God blesses!!!
Sanyaade