On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 23:13, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Im offering 20 Euro for someone to start a Spreadsheet project as part of
> the Abiword project/Abisource framework.

Why not use gnumeric?
That way, the effort would consist more of making gnumeric xp than of
reinventing yet one wheel, specially when we have such a good one as
gnumeric.

The only things I immediately recall that fail to meet your proposal
are:
  1. xp
  2. no embedded objects on abi.

 1. would  benefit many more than just us
 2. is needed for abiword and is one of the targets for post 1.0

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?