Hi Pete and all,

I can't remember whether this has been covered before, but I think completely replacing IAccessible2 with IAccessible2_2 rather than just extending will make life very difficult for both AT and app developers alike. I understand that it'd be nice to clean up IAccessible2 by removing deprecated methods and parameters. However, the reality is that IAccessible2_2 isn't going to be implemented by every vendor overnight and we will still need to deal with IAccessible2 in older versions of apps even if/once it is. With the current IAccessible2_2 approach, every vendor will have to implement all of the duplicated methods twice, once for IAccessible2 and once for IAccessible2_2. It essentially has to be treated as a new API even though most of the methods are the same.

The deprecated methods in IAccessible2 obviously still need to be marked as deprecated. I think IAccessible2_2 should just contain the new methods. Whether it inherits from IAccessible2 is an open question and doesn't matter as much. I think this would make sense, but I'm happy either way.

Thoughts?

Jamie