On 9/11/12 5:36 PM, James Teh wrote:
> On 12/09/2012 12:45 AM, Pete Brunet wrote:
>> In the prior release I didn't do
>> that for IATable2, but your request makes sense and I can make that
>> change for IAccessible2_2.
> I think it's okay for IATable2 because the interface had a very
> specific purpose and was a fairly radical change from the older
> interface; i.e. it wasn't mostly duplicate methods. In contrast, IA2
> is a rather broad interface and IA2_2 duplicates most of IA2.
>
>> What is your opinion for IAText2 and IAHypertext2?
> Iirc, they only introduce new methods (rather than radically changing
> the fundamentals of the interface), so they should just contain new
> methods. Again, the question of inheritance is open. Personally, I
> have a slight preference for inheritance, but it's worth noting that
> with MSHTML, Microsoft doesn't inherit from the older interface; e.g.
> IHTMLElement2 doesn't inherit from IHTMLElement.
Thanks for that input Jamie.  I need some input from others on whether
IAText2 and IAHypertext2 should inherit from their prior versions.
IAHypertext adds the hyperlinks (plural) method.  IAText2 adds the
attributeRange method.

Same question re IA2_2 and whether it should inherit from IA2.  There
are 3 new methods: attribute (by type), accessibleWithCaret, and
relationTargetsOfType.

Pete

--
*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbru...@live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G