Dear Asif.
It is a bitter truth that the corporates are reluctant to offer direct
employment to vision impaired persons, they may provide indirect employment
by way of giving job work to a group.A small scale industry has done this in
Mumbai. The employment department of national association for the blind
India has recently started a work centre where ten blind friends are doing
assembly work of various plastic molded articles.
The corporates can also outsource their telemarketing jobs to the
organizations in disability sector. By adopting cross disability approach
many things can be supplemented and complemented by each others limitations.
Amities.
Suhas Karnik.