Friends,
  First of all I wish aHappy and Prosperous Divali.
  Recently as per High Court it has become binding on Maharashtra Govt. to
recruit handicapped to fill up the backlog of reservation. But in almost 80% of
ads only partially sighted with 40% of vision are eligible to apply. Totally
blind because of this get very much frustrated. Further in reality the jobs are
given to those who really do not come under the catagory of v.h. but by hook or
crook manage to get a Dr's certificate. I feel the categorisation of v.h. done
in most of eye hospitals is unscientific. A person seeking a certificate there
in most of the cases is just asked to identify the number of fingers and if a
person says he cannot see the fingers he is given a totally blind person
certificate and the same person if partially sighted after some days manages to
get a partially blind certificate with the result the same person has both the
certificates. Isn't it rediculous? But because of this totally blind persons,
in spite of having the ability is unable to get a
 job.
  I feel something needs to be done about this.
  Sincerely,
  C. B. Kulkarni.