Hi,

Very fruitful discussion indeed! In my views, typing, writers and
recording should co- exist. Our so-called special schools are far from
achieving some success with maths even at SSE level hence we can't
just expect that every student can type equations as fluently as
he/she can dictate to a writer. Similarly, In case of regional
languages, Use of recording devices can make the process rather easier
for visually impaired participants as compared to dictation as well as
typing.

Regards,
Ajay

On 1/13/16, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> offering the candidate to bring their own scribe is like providing the
>> cheatcode to win the game. now its in our hands to move. we must
>> launch necessary campaigns or measures with a focus on flexible mode
>> of giving exams for the disabled instead of a single method. those who
>> want braille, let them write in braille. those who want to record let
>> them get. those who want computers let it be granted. those who want
>> scribes, let the government provide an eligible scribe with an
>> impartial invigilator. finally, I personally don't believe in the
>> universal or identical mode of giving exams for the print impaired but
>> the universal purpose that is impartial, equal treatment in the
>> society.
>> cheers.
>> On 1/12/16, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
>>> Times of India:
>>>
>>> Blind students can 'record' board exam answers on tape recorder
>>> Abhishek Choudhari
>>>  | TNN | Jan 9, 2016, 04.24 PM IST
>>> NAGPUR: Don't be surprised if during this summer's state board exam a
>>> candidate asks the invigilator for additional 'cassette' instead of
>>> additional supplement.
>>> Students suffering from visual impairment (partial/full) can now record
>>> their answers on tape recorder rather than taking help of a writer. This
>>> new
>>> rule
>>> is part of a slew of revolutionary changes brought in for special needs
>>> students by state school education minister Vinod Tawde.
>>>
>>> Speaking to TOI, Tawde said, "Visually impaired students can get the
>>> questions read to them 20 minutes before the paper starts so that they
>>> can
>>> get a feel
>>> of things. Their answers will be recorded and the device will be sent for
>>> evaluation in the same way we send the traditional answer sheets." For
>>> all
>>> special
>>> needs students the minister has offered other exam concessions, like 20
>>> minutes extra time per exam hour, liberal evaluation, grace marks,
>>> facility
>>> of
>>> talking calculator, on-screen reading software (if available) etc.
>>> Students
>>> suffering from cerebral palsy, autism, impairment of speech and hearing,
>>> physical
>>> disability, spastics, learning disorder etc are some who have been given
>>> these examination concessions. Parents who have children with special
>>> needs
>>> have
>>> been advised to get in touch with their schools and local board office
>>> for
>>> details.
>>>
>>> सादर / With thanks & Regards
>>> राजेश आसुदानी Rajesh Asudani
>>> सहायक महाप्रबन्धक AGM
>>> बाजार आसूचना ईकाई MIU
>>> भारतीय रिजर्व बैंक Reserve Bank of India

>>> VIBEWA
>>> Co-Moderator
>>> VIB-India
>>>
>>> A-pilll = Action coupled with Positivity, Interest, Love, Logic and
>>> laughter.
>>>

>>> ________________________________
>>> Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, SMSs or makes calls
>>> asking for personal information such as your bank account details,
>>> passwords, etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not
>>> respond in any manner to such offers, however official or attractive they
>>> may look.
>>>
>>> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>>> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>>> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>>> review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
>>> this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>>> you
>>> have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or
>>> telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
>>> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments
>>> for
>>> the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability
>>> for
>>> any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>>> the

>>> mails
>>> sent through this mailing list..
>>>

>> --
>> "It doesn't matter what we have, but it really matters what we do with
>> what we have."
>>
>> With Sincere Regards
>>
>> Balanagendran. D
>> IAS Aspirant
>> Skype: balanagendran
>> Twitter:
>> http://twitter.com/balanagendran89

>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU

Ajay Minocha
Mob : +91-9584076767
E mail : ajayminoc...@gmail.com
p13aj...@iimidr.ac.in