Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Blind can record answers

I fail to understand why words like grace marks and liberal checking
are construed in negative light. Well if you dont know then you have
the right to know that what ever the marks that one obtain in exam are
not your actual marks but moderated marks. At times marks may be
increased or even decreased. Its the matter of policy that how
moderation is to be done. Factors like difficulty of question paper,
error in question in question paper, accademic trends and other such
factors are taken into consideration while moderating the exam result.
Benifit or loss is extended to all regardless  of one's disability,
cast, gender and social background.

Will someone tell me if a VI student is not getting reasonable
education who is to be blaimed? By reasonable education I mean
getting quality accessable study material on time, study material free
from errors, quality teaching, eas in accessing books, guides, or any
other such educational material. Half of the time of VI student is
spent on gathering accessable study material, scanning it, get editing
done. When will that student learn and crystalise the concepts. When
will s/he will get time to revise? Of course conceptual clarity will
not be there and which will be apparent in the answer scripts and term
papers. Grace marks is their right. Right to education is our
fundamental right and right to quality life is also our right.  That
is to say Right to accessable education is a fundamental right of a
student with disability. If this right to accessable education is
infringed well it requires that what ever harm have caused to student
with disability has to be compensated

I'm against grace marks but I'll continue to favour them unless
students with disability do not get education with all the acomodation
that they require. Yes all acomodation not reasonable acomodation.
Reasonable acomodation has done more harm than solving the problems.
Reasonable acomodation is a  convenient term to expend ingenuity in
fabricating loop wholes in order to  escape inclusive system.