Hi Akash,

Technically as per RPWD, there are 21 disabilities listed and Low Vision &
Blind are listed separately.

I would recommend you take on the definition with the Department, Government or
then the advocacy groups.

Regards
Shilpi

On 10/7/19, 1:04 PM, "AccessIndia on behalf of Akash Kakkar"
<accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in on behalf of akash.mis...@gmail.com>
wrote:

    Are low visions are not blind? :-)

    On 10/7/19, Shilpi Kapoor <i...@newzhook.com> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > At Newz Hook, we pride ourselves is sharing stories about the amazing work
    > being done by people with disabilities, their achievements, their
    > challenges. There is so little done to share the good that is happening
    > around people with disabilities.
    >

    > We, Newz Hook stands by our story regarding Ajay Minocha being the "first
    > blind CFA charter holder from India. The only other CFA charter holder has
    > low vision. He also has the relevant work experience required for the CFA
    > charter which makes all the facts stated true.”
    >

    > We understand that some confusion may have arisen over the initial
headline
    > which said Ajay Minocha is the first VI person. Upon receiving an update,
    > NewzHook immediately corrected the headline to say first blind person
    >

    > We would also like to congratulate Ajay Minocha for having achieved this.
We
    > don’t want to take away from any other person, but we believe that
successes
    > like this need to be shared and applauded.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Shilpi Kapoor
    >
    > CEO, Newz Hook

please

the

please visit the list home page at

the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;

sent through this mailing list..