Hi Shilpi,
I'm already aware about very well and still general people asume low
vision people as blind only.
I think that this link of your site needs to be reread and
reconsidered by you again:
https://newzhook.com/story/19757#targetText=As%20per%20the%20World%20Health,6%2F60%20is%20legally%20blind.
===
In India a person with a clarity of vision or Visual Acuity < 6/60 is
legally blind. India changed its definition of blindness in 2017.
Before that, for almost four decades since 1976, a person who was
unable to count fingers from a distance of three metres would be
considered "blind". However, now a person who is unable to count
fingers from a distance of six metres is considered disabled due to
blindness.
===
Also, this is a way to find the loop wholes in the definitions but
certainly it is not correct.
How can we consider a person low vision and not blind if this is true: