From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Kanchan Pamnani
Sent: 15 November 2019 13:30
To: 'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.'
Subject: Re: [AI] Bargaining power being limited by disability

It is an  important factor in some cases and in some cases it is the most
important factor but in some cases it is a trivial factor and in some cases it
is irrelevant.
I have found that if I know technology well then sometimes factors become
irrelevant or trivial.
If I plan  a little earlier I can mitigate some of the problems that disability
brings.
I am only human and sometimes I let go and leave it to others to do things for
me because it is easier but in the long run my conscience bites me. I suppress
the feeling and justify to myself that its best left to the sighted. Then I
pull myself together and try to learn how to do what I had delegated. Sometimes
I win and sometimes  I give up. With age I guess I am giving up more
independence but I don’t like it and I have planned on pulling myself together
and making disability less important or trivial or irrelevant as much as I can.
Kanchan