Hi listers,
This is is a question regarding Kurzweil 1000. Has Kurzweil
Educational Systems discontinued the further development of Kurzweil
1000? I have not been able to find information on Kurzweil 1000 beyond
version 14, and the most recent within-version for V 14 came in 2017.
Have they discontinued the product? The Kurzweil website is still
maintained, and updates and stuff can be downloaded in from there.
However, there is not much clue on what happened to K 1000.
In my view, the K 1000 is still the best integrated educational
software for visually impaired people, bringing together OCR and TTS
in a highly customized educational package. Have we heard the last of
K 1000?

Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,
Department of Political Science,