hello,
the same situation is with openbook software. the last version which i
have been using was openbook 9 which released around 3 years back and
since then there is no update.
don't know for what reasons, freedom scientific has not updated
openbook after its last version9.

On 11/17/20, Mohib Anwar Rafay <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think they have discontinued their program for further
> development. They are very much into it, probably there are not
> substantial upgradation scheduled for now. They might be working for
> next version of Kurzweil in 21. I also agree with you that Kurzweil is
> the best reading machine for visually impaired using the computer
> system. I am using Kurzweil since my undergraduate programme. However
> now for the purpose of scanning the books, I have shifted to fine
> reader as Kurzweil didn't upgrade their recognition engen after fine
> reader 11.
>
> On 11/17/20, Mahesh S. Panicker <maheshspanic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have they killed off Kurzweil 1000 silently? Can't find anything on
>> the site regarding the discontinuation of the product or any
>> reasoning.
>> As there are lots of OCR and reading tools in general, a lot many
>> people will simply look at alternatives and be fine, also as it is a
>> very expensive software. But particularly for those who are in higher
>> education, both in a learning or teaching roles, it is surely a
>> setback. I wish there is a way to get them to change their minds on
>> this.
>> I would surely want to try out Kibo for desktop. The Android product
>> is promising, though the reading interface on the app do not seem to
>> have many options as such.
>> Have they integrated the Google TTS somehow on the Windows platform?
>> That is the greatest feature in a way on Android, Google TTS provides
>> a very functional voice to Kibo on Android. Vocalizer doesn't have as
>> many language options on Windows, and eSpeak is not the greatest TTS
>> option available in terms of voice quality and listening experience,
>> and Eloquence of course have very limited language set though in my
>> view it does remain the best TTS engine despite all the neglect that
>> it has faced.
>>
>> On 11/17/20, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Mahesh,
>>>
>>> I agree about the use of a computer for serious work. This is why Kebo
>>> is
>>> so
>>> promising. It works on the phone and the computer.
>>> Imho, a mobile phone, irrespective of operating system does not cut it.
>>>
>>> Pranav

>>> promising. I read about Kibo desktop recently, but I have tried it out