Dear all,
I am writing this in the context of my experience with the Axis Bank
online banking system. I happen to be a credit card only user of Axis
Bank. Axis has 2 basic channels for online banking the Axis Bank
website, and the Axis Mobile App on Android and IOS platforms.
For some reasons, Axis hasn't allowed me to register for online
banking on the website, each time I tried to register online, the
system said my customer ID was invalid. On asking, the customer care
had no clear idea as to why this was happening, though someone in the
sales department speculated that they allow only account holders to
use the web interface and CC only users have only the mobile app. On
asking around among users though, I came across CC only users using
online banking on Axis website.
I was using the Axis Mobile app on Android. At the outset when I
started using the app, it was, like many banking apps, not a hundred
percent in terms of accessibility. There were significant issues, but
if you've been around Android a bit, then you could kind of use most
features.
However, I recently found out that after an update, the app has broken
accessibility completely. There is no interaction whatsoever with
on-screen content as far as TalkBack is concerned. It doesn't read any
controls, just doesn't read anything really on the screen, no matter
you touch and explore or swipe. It is the first time that I have come
across a 100 percent inaccessible banking app, that too from a major
bank in the country.
Anyone else facing similar issues with Axis Bank? Any workarounds?
Any help would be much appreciated.
--
Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,