From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Yamuna Jivana Dasa (Yogan Khandoo)
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2023 1:36 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Developing devices with and for the Visually Impaired

Hi,
I just wrote the following E-mail to the Biped developers. Not sure how many of
you will agree with me, but this is my opinion. You're welcome to share
thoughts either way.

Hi,I just listened to a demo of the Biped device. One problem I foresee is that
when a blind person walks around outdoors with earphones on, it is harder to
hear the environment and to thus keep straight on the road or pavement Etc. An
idea would be to mount small speakers on the user's sholders that do not
intrude the ear-holes. This way the user hears the environment as well as the
device. This is feedback from a totally blind person from birth. Thank you
kindly.
By the way we cannot wait for you to include India in your distribution market.
India is very populated and so too should be the percentage of blind citizens,
so you should find a major market here. Your pricing should be tailored to the
currency value, with the expectation of volume sales making up your profits.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Kind regards,
Yamuna Jivana Dasa (Vrindavan India)