There is no major differences between the online and the printed versions of
the newspapers. Sometimes, in The Hindu, the soft copy of any news analysis,
report etc., is more elaborated than their hard copy. Presumably, this is
because there is limited space in the hard copy. It is surprising  that the
errors which you will spot in the online version of The Hindu, would not be
present in the printed one. But this newspaper is almost flawless and I
place it on top of all the admirations. The Hindustan Times is also fine.
The Times of India is absolutely ridiculous.     Its language is poor, there
are
a host of errors, their writers treat English as if it were any bugbear and
they are expert in cooking the books. The New York Times - www.nytimes.com -
is quite like TOI. I haven't read it a lot but my experience with it is very
bad. I read its reports and analyses when they get published in The Hindu.
There is no language standard and when it comes to
getting information, the newspaper appears to be a rotten egg. The Hindu is
the best. I learn from it.

These were my personal views.

Ciao

Shadab Husain