Hi all,

1. Free copies will not cut it. Please remember that we are a very small
market. It is not worth the publishers while to consider accessibility
unless there are other people will benefit from the same adjustment.

2. I have been given to understand that the Indian copyright law does permit
fair use so, that provision needs to be highlighted when discussing with
publishers. I do not have any more information on this.

3. We need to come up with concrete suggestions to give to publishers for
making their software accessible. It is easy to say make so-and-so in a
certain way but technically, we need to tell them what will be required.
Remember, software developers know nothing about accessibility and they are
surprised when adaptive technology is demonstrated to them.

4. Large organisations that serve the blind need to carry out active
lobbying to promote the cause of accessible education material. This needs
to be extended to education software as well.

Pranav