Intellectuals,

Would not comment on laws and other things which you are discussing.
I had a talk with an author recently, and the same question was put forth in
front of me. "How will you ensure that our E-copies are not going to used for
distributing via piracy related sources"?

Good question, I understand their rights too, so uptill now the only solution
which I know is like this. Here comes the development or technical part of my
mail.

Every publisher has its own website which enables us to place order. Now we get
e-copy via whatever mode. Some of them send us the link to download, or some
send in cd.
Now question of protection.

What I saw that one of the institute for law entrance koachings, (Prime Tutor
www.primetutor.com),
was distributing the solutions of all the previous years papers of major
colleges in software form.

What they did was they took our machine's number, then generated a user name
and password by which we can access the software.
Drawback of this system: After you format system, You have to request them
again for generating user name and password.

I am not saying that still piracy can not be done say what if person after
entering into software coppies the data and paste it someware for distribution?

But generally people won't do that provided that they have the zeal to pay
money if its afortable.
So what if publishers develop some system like this for PDF or Documents?
I think this is the only way to secure such documents.
Regards
Amar Jain.